The Nordic Integrated Monitoring, Alarm and Control System (IMACS) is for engines and machinery onboard ships, that combines a variety of functions such as engine monitoring, alarm and control; power management; tank level indication; anti heeling; loading program; and online stability monitoring.
- Data and Trend Analysis - Correlation of sensors’ data and timing
- Sensor simulation - Certain mathematical functions can be performed on real sensors
- Uses Commercial-Off-The-Shelf hardware (Siemens PLC) eliminates the dependence on dedicated, more expensive and less accessible "marine" spare parts - enabling easy service and/or repair anywhere in the world
- Easy fault-finding and maintenance due to the SIMATIC-S7 PLC Push-Pull modules that can be replaced in no time
- Full redundancy of CPU and BUS - automatic take over if one PLC fails
- LAN-ready for all ship’s computers
- Zooming of mimics enabled – remote view of the system’s section of interest
- Remote access – Reduce downtime during commissioning and maintenance
- Feature simulation - Office version that the superintendent able to simulate the same features in office with the history file send to office.